Office work has numerous advantages, but sitting for a long period of time can do harm to your health and body. A review of 47 scientific research projects specified that people who experience lengthy sitting can suffer from cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and obesity.
Luckily there are exercises that you can do at your office chair to feel fresh and full of energy. Here are they:
EXERCISE 6: Knee-to-Chest Lift:
Fortifies abdominal muscles, increases digestion, and helps in burning fat.
- Sit down on a chair. Keep your back straight without touching the back of the chair.
- Keep your feet on the floor hip-width apart.
- Keep your back straight. Lift your right knee, and pull it to your chest. Keep your belly sucked in.
- Put your hands on your shin to better stretch your lower abdominal muscles.
- Do this exercise 20-30 times by alternating your knees.
EXERCISE 5: Double Knee Lift
In this workout, all of your belly muscles work efficiently and moderately at the same time.
- Keep your legs together.
- Hold the sides of the chair with both hands.
- While keeping your back straight, lift your knees and pull them to your chest. Your abdominal muscles must be tensed.
- Place your feet down, but don’t touch the floor.
- Perform this exercise 10-20 times.
EXERCISE 4: Double Knee Lift Combines with Body Side Bends
This exercise shapes your waist. Oblique muscle exercises help to burn fat from the side portion of your belly.
- Sit on the chair edge with a straight back. Hold the chair tightly with both hands.
- Bend your body to the side, and sit only on one glute.
- Keep your legs together, and lift both knees to your chest as described in Exercise 5.
- Return to your original position, and bend to the other side.
- Do this workout 10-20 times on each side.
EXERCISE 3: Bending
This exercise helps you in burning fat on the belly sides and hips.
- Keep your feet on the floor.
- Straighten your arms at the level of your shoulders.
- Turn your upper body to the right, bend, and touch your left foot with your right hand. Stay in this position for a while.
- Go back to the original position. Afterwards, bend to your right foot, touching it with your left hand.
- Perform this workout 20-30 times, interchanging sides with each bend.
EXERCISE 2: Body Lift Above the Chair
This workout burns fat fast. Aside from that, it makes your belly, back, and shoulder muscles toned. To intensify the exercise concentration, you can utilize a chair with arms. Make sure that your chair is not a rolling one.
- While you’re sitting on the chair, hold the arms of the chair tightly.
- Lift your body above the chair to make your hips and legs hang in the air. Utilize your abdominal muscles to raise your knees to your chest.
- Stay in this position for at least 15-20 seconds, then slowly return to the original position and have a short break.
- Do the exercise 4 times.
EXERCISE 1: Knee-to-Elbow Lift
This workout is really good for your waist. Additionally, it also makes your oblique and lower abdominal muscles work out. To do this exercise right, make sure your knee meets your opposite elbow. At that instant, your upper body must slightly turn.
- Sit on the chair with a straight back without touching the back of the chair. Place your hands behind your head.
- Lift your right knee to your chest. At the same time, bend your left elbow to meet your knee.
- Go back to the original position. Repeat 15 times.
- Change the knee and elbow, and repeat another 15 times.
- Try your best to make 4 series of each 15 lifts.
BONUS EXERCISE: Oblique Muscles Strengthening
The first 6 workouts are performed on a chair. Now we would want you to stand up and do another exercise for a greater effect. Don’t go far from your chair! The exercise will fortify your glutes and burn fat on your waist and belly as well.
- Stand behind the chair, and lean on the back of the chair or its arm with your left hand.
- Elevate your right hand above your head.
- Move your raised hand down slowly. At the same time, lift your right leg so that your hand could touch the heel of your foot.
- Go back to the original position, and repeat the exercise 10-15 times.
- Change the hand and leg. Do the exercise 10-15 times.
- Make 4 series on each side.
It is recommended that you perform these 7 simple exercises on a daily basis and you’ll not have to wait long for results! You can accomplish even greater results if you combine these exercises with a healthy diet plan.
Do you know other workouts that will eliminate the belly fat? Share it with us in the comment section below.
Based on materials from Brightside
Illustrated by Germielyn Balondo for Meow Gag