While parents and grandparents always get the appreciation they deserve, we often forget that aunts have to have their credit, too! It is undeniable that our parents’ sisters had a positive effect on our development growing up. They were like a second mother to their nieces and nephews.
So here, the website Apost listed 7 reasons why aunts are an important part of children’s lives:
1. Aunts make great teachers. An aunt can offer a different perspective when helping children learn anything from words and numbers to difficult life lessons.
2. Aunts are great gift givers. Aunts usually like to take advantage of buying fun and quirky gifts for their nieces and nephews because spoiling them is fun!
3. Aunts are amazing listeners. When a child needs help and guidance and doesn't feel like they can talk to their parents, an aunt is always there.
4. Aunts are unofficial psychologists. Aunts have great life advice they're always willing to share, which helps them understand and relate to their nieces and nephews.
5. Aunts instill values. Much like a parent, aunts teach children about values and the difference between right and wrong.
6. Aunts make the best babysitters. Aunts love spending time with nieces and nephews, so they're always willing to step up to the plate to watch their little family members. They love to laugh and play!
7. Aunts are gentle disciplinarians. Aunts are generally more relaxed about correcting misbehavior and do it without being too angry or harsh.
Spending time with nieces and nephews is a perfect way to create unity in the family. It just brings everyone closer! So kudos to all the aunts out there! Your love and care will always have a place in their hearts forever.
Based On Materials From Apost