Many people think that an hour at the gym is the ultimate way to lessen body fat. The myth buster here is that even by devoting a few minutes doing some easy workouts, you may be capable of achieving similar results. Also, watching your eating habits is really significant.
Here are a few exercises that may help you if you’re having a hard time losing fat from some key body parts.
1. Straight arm-press back-squat to lose arm fat
- Place the dumbbells on the floor.
- Stand with your feet spread apart at hip’s width.
- Sit in a slight squat position while holding tension in your abdominal area.
- Here, dumbbells start from the sides of the knees.
- Now, without swinging the arms or bending the elbows, press the dumbbells past your hips and then return while keeping the core engaged.
REMINDER: It’s important that you keep your back straight. Aside from the triceps, it also helps tone up your shoulders and back.
2. Yoga and pilates for toning thighs
Yoga and pilates are an important part of complete well-being and fitness. The poses not only help you eliminate extra fat, but they also build up flexibility in your body. There are numerous poses that can be performed under these disciplines, Utkatasana being one of them. Otherwise known as chair pose, this stance is very helpful in reducing the size of frontal thighs.
- Stand straight on the mat with your thighs a little apart.
- Stretch your arms forward and bend your knees as if you are sitting on a chair.
- Calm your senses and hold the pose for 30 seconds to one minute.
- Release and relax. Then, repeat it two more times.
3. Fish face for slimming down
Those flabby cheeks might look hard to get rid of. But they aren’t! You don’t have to be dependent on contouring for that any longer because there’s a permanent solution. The fish face exercise can help you to slim down your face.
- Sit straight on the chair with your head towards the ceiling.
- Pull your lips to make a fish face and blow out air.
- Hold for 10 seconds and repeat.
- This exercise has an effect on the cheek, jaw, and neck muscles.
4. Waist slimming squat
- Hold a dumbbell in both hands and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Rotate your torso towards the right and straighten your arms.
- Now, raise the dumbbell and lift your arms until they become parallel to the floor.
- While rotating your torso to the left, do a squat and bring the dumbbell diagonally across the body until it’s close to your left hip.
- Repeat this 10-15 times and then switch sides.
This exercise will not only help you attain your dream waistline but will also offer you a great cardio boost.
5. Chin rotations to eliminate double chin
- Sit straight in a chair.
- Rotate your head in a full circle, starting from your chin, in a circular motion from shoulder to chest and shoulder to back.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times and then do it in the opposite direction.
In case your neck hurts from the rotations, you can just do semicircles from shoulder to shoulder.
6. Cat-cow pose to remove fat from the butt
- Get on all fours, putting your arms and knees flat on the floor.
- While stretching your left leg backward, raise your toes toward the ceiling.
- Perform this workout while stretching your right arm forward parallel to the floor.
- Repeat this 5-6 times and change the leg.
- After this, bring your right knee toward your left shoulder and repeat this sequence with your left knee to your right shoulder.
This must help break down that tough fat on your butt.
7. A diet regimen
Exercise is important and similarly significant is maintaining your diet. A person must drink plenty of water, and a consistent detox is recommended. You must also try to cut down on your carbohydrates to be able to shed weight.
Nutritionists believe that you can effortlessly eliminate extra body fats by observing a 1200 calorie per day diet plan.
Yes, we only live once! We should not waste it living an unhealthy life. Do you of other tried and tested exercises or diet plans to lessen that extra fat on the body? Please share it with us in the comment section!
Based on materials from Brightside
Illustrated by Leo Alvarado for Meow Gag